Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale

Let's talk about beer again...


Sometimes I get blog "donations"  or gifts for stuff for me to try this time of year.  This time, my cousin brought some Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale for me to try.

There's not too much to say about this beer.  It's good, but it tastes like, well, Blue Moon.  I thought maybe I didn't know what I was talking about, but others also agreed with me.  We all think that, overall, it just tastes like a slightly spicier Blue Moon.  That's not to say that it's not good!  It is!  Blue Moon is definitely a nice beer, and there aren't a lot of beers that I like.  It sat a little heavy in my belly, so I didn't finish mine all the way.  I was full!

And, I have to add that I love the label.  Orange, blue and those beautiful pumpkin line drawings.  All contrasted against the dark bottle.  Beautiful!

So far, of all the pumpkin beers I have tried, Weyerbacher hit the mark the closest.  It's light and spicy and you don't wonder if it's supposed to be a pumpkin beverage because it is very apparent: http://mypumpkinobsession.blogspot.com/2012/09/weyerbacher-imperial-pumpkin-ale.html

And there is also Sam Adams Harvest Collection, which is a popular assortment of beers: http://www.mypumpkinobsession.blogspot.com/2011/10/sam-adams-harvest-pumpkin-ale.html.

Til next time,
BeatlesFreak


No comments:

Post a Comment