Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Soda

NOTE: I wrote this post in November 2011, but life must have gotten busy because I didn't publish it!  So, here it is! Edited, of course.

Up until a few weeks ago, I honestly didn't know that Pumpkin Pie Soda was a thing.  And I think that it really shouldn't be a thing.

But it is.

This was a great find by a friend at a local Wegman's.  What did it taste like? Neither of us could really describe it.  It's kind of like a flavored cream soda ... Kinda spicy, not really pumpkin-like.  Did I like it?  No.  Fall spices and soda carbonation together is just strange.  I drank half, decided the rest wasn't worth the calories, and dumped the rest.  It also had a very flat taste.

I had a crappier camera back in 2011!



More about this soda: It is made by Maine Root.  This is all the site says about the soda: http://maineroot.com/?p=385.  All Maine Root sodas are awesomely Fair Trade certified, meaning that all sugar is from farmers who are compensated fairly.  More here.


No comments:

Post a Comment