Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

My Baby Pumpkin's Birthday

This is not a parent blog, but one of the best parts of my life is my daughter.  Recently, she turned one year old!  It went by SO FAST.

When I was in the hospital, I received pumpkin treats from both my mom and my husband's mom.  My mom brought me pumpkin bread -- two loaves!  And my in-laws brought me pumpkin muffins from Dunkin Donuts.  They were both much appreciated and so delicious.  Maybe this is why I was inclined to make some pumpkin cupcakes for my daughter's first birthday.

I mulled around the idea of cream cheese icing.  But have you ever worked with the stuff?  It is very finicky and doesn't pipe well.  I love piping my cupcakes with a 1M Wilton or 2D Wilton tip.  After a lot of thought, I ended up making Joy of Baking's pumpkin cupcakes with cinnamon buttercream. 

Her barbeque party was going really well, and soon it was time for her to have some smash cake.  I was not about to give her the Big Top cupcake I made, but instead gently peeled off a wrapper from a pumpkin cupcake.  She gobbled down the icing in a flash, and promptly threw the beautiful pumpkin cupcake at her cousin.  Husband joked that she does NOT take after me, but him, because she loves icing!  It won't be added to her daily list of foods, but I am already looking forward to next year's smash cake. 

Here is my little pumpkin enjoying her icing:
My favorite pumpkin

I almost forgot:

Happy First Day of Fall!

BealtesFreak



2 comments:

  1. I just want to squeeze her cute little face! Love her! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. She definitely has a squeezeable face! <3

    ReplyDelete